At JTV Manufacturing, we offer laser cutting services to customers in a wide range of industries in and around Sutherland, Iowa. The process enables us to produce highly accurate and precise parts and products from a variety of metals. One of the materials we specialize in is stainless steel.
What Is Stainless Steel?
The term “stainless steel” refers to alloys consisting of iron, chromium, and various other elements (e.g., nickel, silicon, and manganese). These materials have a minimum chromium content of 10.5%, which results in a naturally occurring chromium oxide layer on the surface that protects them from corrosion. The presence of other alloying elements can further enhance this corrosion resistance as well as introduce other advantageous characteristics.
Why Is Stainless Steel a Popular Choice for Manufacturers?
Stainless steel exhibits many properties that make it a popular choice for many manufacturing projects. For example:
- Strong and durable. Stainless steel is a material that offers greater strength and durability than its constituents.
- Corrosion-resistant. The chromium oxide layer on stainless steel regenerates when scratched or damaged in the presence of oxygen, which helps ensure the material remains protected against corrosion.
- Recyclable. Stainless steel has a recovery rate close to 100%, which makes it a sustainable material option.
- Temperature-resistant. The material maintains good mechanical behavior in both high and low temperatures.
- Easily fabricated. Stainless steel can be worked using a variety of manufacturing methods, including laser cutting.
Stainless Steel Laser Cutting Machinery & Capabilities at JTV
Looking for a partner for your stainless steel laser cutting project? The metal fabrication experts at JTV are here to help. Equipped with a broad selection of state-of-the-art laser cutting units, we have what it takes to produce high-quality laser-cut stainless steel parts and products for even the most demanding customer applications. Our equipment list includes:
- Mitsubishi Electric ML4020 RX-F80 with 72-inch x 160-inch bed
- Bystronic 6000 Watt Laser Center with a 60-inch x 120-inch bed
- Bystronic 4400 Watt Laser Centers with 80-inch x 160-inch beds
- Mazak 4000 Watt Laser Centers with 60-inch x 120-inch beds
- Mazak 2500 Watt Laser Centers with 60-inch x 120-inch beds
- ESAB Avenger XP2 ST-36 multi-head oxy-fuel / plasma table with 14-foot x 54-foot water table
- Mazak 2500 Watt 3D Fabri Gear 150 with 6-inch round and square tubes
These machines, combined with our vast metal fabrication experience, enable us to deliver world-class quality components on short timelines at competitive prices. To learn more about our stainless steel laser cutting capabilities, check out our laser cutting page or contact us today. To discuss your project requirements with one of our team members, request a quote.